- Products are sold with a 12 months’ parts and labour warranty, whereby Hand Made Places may repair or replace at its discretion any parts that are defective by design, material selection or finish and/or workmanship.
10 year timber guarantee
– All of our pressure treated timber is guaranteed against structural failure due to timber rot or insect attack for a minimum period of up to 10 years.
• Within 12 months’ of the Date of Delivery, timbers shall be replaced or repaired with all costs for parts and labour being born by us.
• Years 2 to 10 of the Date of Delivery will be replaced on an ex-works basis*
20 year extended life guarantee
– The option for an Extended Service Life is available to increase the guarantee period up to 20 years. Years 11 to 20 will receive a diminishing contribution from Hand Made Places for the manufacture of the replacement timber on an ex-works basis*
• Hand Made Places will replace the defective timber subject to an annual service contract with Hand Made Places having been procured by the customer and subject to our inspection of the suspected defective timber. In a successful claim and where annual service contracts have been procured for each and every year of the product’s life from year 2, then Hand Made Places shall bear the cost of the replacing material on a reducing scale as follows: – During years 11 – 13: 50 %; years 14 – 16: 40 %; years 17 – 18: 15%; year 19: 10%; and year 20: 5%. Decisive is the date of original delivery ex works from Hand Made Places and a customer-documented report of the failure, followed by an inspection by Hand Made Places to validate that the defects are not as a result of wear and tear, deterioration caused by chemicals or other substances, or any other incorrect use/treatment.
5 year surfacing guarantee
– Wetpour surfacing quoted is supplied with a 5-year guarantee. Guarantee periods are against the faulty material only. This excludes perimeter edges, where new wetpour meets existing or an unsuitable edge detail (e.g. timber shuttering), overlays or any bond between existing surfaces and new surfaces due to movements that may occur.
– Mulch surfacing quoted is sold with a 5-year guarantee. Guarantee periods are against the faulty material only. This excludes light shedding of the rubber shreds, surface growth and deliberate damage.
– Any surfacing guarantees or warranties exclude issues with cut backs, infills and other repairs or ‘patching up’ to existing surfaces as well as issues relating to colour fastness.
– When commissioned to lay surfacing, and the preparation for this has been undertaken by others, issues with undulation, settlement and other ‘sink’ issues are also excluded from any warranty, guarantee or other liability.
– For installations into bark/loose fill, the ongoing maintenance and ‘topping up’ of the surface is the responsibility of others.
All guarantees must be supported by payment of the account in full and dated records of any inspections, maintenance and repairs carried out.
*the Buyer must return the defective timber at their own cost
Further qualifications apply, including elements from our standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, please see https://www.handmadeplaces.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Terms- Conditions-Sale-HMP.pdf
We provide a supportive after sales service to our clients which covers all aspects of surfacing and safety. Our consultants are available for the completion of the project to call in, discuss and update as necessary.
Hence, our clients trust us in the knowledge that we provide a genuine after sales service that is available to them to discuss any aspects of the project once it is handed over.